Pangea Audio Vulcan Four Shelf Audio Rack (Rosenut)
Brace Yourself for Pangea Audio’s Incredible Vulcan X-Brace Rack
The affordable, innovative new Vulcan X-Brace Rack from Pangea Audio looks strong and sturdy... and it is! The X-Brace is designed to provide rock-solid support for hi-fi and home theater gear at a rock bottom price. This new audiophile rack combines extra-thick 23.75” wide by 18” deep MDF shelves with steel supports and steel side cross-braces for exceptional strength and stability.
One Great Idea Leads to Another
As so often happens, one great idea leads to another. And that's the case with Pangea Audio's new Vulcan X-Brace Audio Rack. Here's what happened.
Two years ago, Pangea's Vulcan product designers were searching for a simple, affordable way to provide side support for LPs in their new Vulcan TT turntable stand. Various ideas were kicked around until one engineer proposed a simple steel cross member X-Brace idea. Everyone loved the idea, and soon prototypes were made. In testing, engineers found the X-Brace not only held vinyl records well, but it also increased the rigidity and lateral stability of the entire stand. Soon the Vulcan TT turntables stands were shipping by the thousands all over the world to wildly enthusiastic customer reviews.
While the Vulcan team was busy making and shipping the Vulcan TT stands, a Pangea product designer hatched another idea. "If putting X-Braces on one shelf improved the rack’s rigidity and lateral stability, what would happen if every shelf had X-Braces?" Several prototypes were created until finally, the engineers developed a version with extremely tight tolerances for each of the braces. This design finally provided the extreme rigidity the rack required. For added measure, the designers also increased the thickness of each individual shelf by 27% to 19mm (.75").
The Vulcan X-Brace Audio Rack is Born
Introducing Pangea Audio's new Vulcan X-Brace high-end audio component rack. This new rack preserves the outstanding qualities of the original Vulcan Audio Rack series, including modular design, interchangeable shelf location, and fast, friendly tool-less assembly. Additionally, the X-Brace offers increased strength and rigidity. It looks strong and sturdy, and it is! Shelves are rated for 90 lbs. load each and 360 lbs. total for the entire four-shelf rack.
The dimensions are the same as the original Vulcan Audio Rack: 32" high, 24" wide, and 18" deep.
Extremely Strong and Easily Expandable
The Vulcan X-Brace rack is beautifully engineered. Its design features steel support tubes and steel X-braces connected by threaded rods, creating a super strong and ultra-rigid rack you can assemble in minutes without the need to dip into your toolbox.
You can conveniently add or remove shelves for as many as six shelves in all as your equipment needs change. One user said about the design that adding shelves was as easy as changing a light bulb. Just flip the Vulcan X-Brace upside down to add shelves from the bottom.
Most self-assembly racks aren't very rigid. Thanks to the unique design of the Vulcan, it is extremely stable and strong in addition to being acoustically neutral.
Holds a System's Worth of Components
The Vulcan X-Brace rack holds a system's worth of electronic components, boasting four generously sized 23.75" wide, 18" deep, and extra-thick 19mm-thick (.75") shelves. The dense MDF shelves are wrapped in a special vinyl material in satin black, rosenut, or carbon fiber finish that is very easy to clean and resists scratching, scuffing, and most liquids. The front and sides of the shelves are contoured for a streamlined look.
The height between shelves is 8.75" above the lower shelf and 7.25" between the top shelves. The width between shelf supports is 19.4".
Open-Air Design is Best for Your Gear
The open-air design is best for your electronics. The design maximizes component ventilation and makes it easy to install or remove gear. The four steel support tubes feature scratch-resistant and resonance-resistant black sand powder coat paint.
Innovative Cone Point Feet and Spike Design
Vulcan features innovatively designed cone point feet and spikes. The steel floor spikes go all the way through the cones and into the bottom shelf tubes for greater strength and better energy transfer from the rack into the floor. The tapered cones are made of a very durable polymer, which dampens vibrations between the steel floor spikes and the steel rack tubes. The Vulcan X-Brace also comes with metal floor pucks to protect your floor finish.
- Extremely rigid 32"-tall four-shelf audio component rack
- X-Brace steel side crossmembers provide exceptional strength and stability
- Modular design lets you buy and add shelves for up to six shelves in all
- Generously-sized 23.75" wide, 18" deep, and extra-thick 19mm-thick (.75") shelves
- Open-air design maximizes component ventilation and makes it easy to install/remove gear
- Four steel support tubes feature scratch-resistant and resonance-resistant black sand powder coat paint
- Steel bolt-together design creates a super strong and extremely rigid rack in minutes
- Dense MDF shelves are wrapped in a special vinyl material that is very easy to clean and resists scratching, scuffing, and most liquids
- Front and sides of shelves are contoured for a streamlined look
- Includes innovative cone point feet and spikes for energy transfer and easy leveling
- Includes metal floor pucks to protect floor finish
- Options include: X-Brace Component Shelf Kit with 7" supports
- Overall dimensions: 32" high, 24" wide, 18" deep
- Height between shelves is 8.75" above the lower shelf and 7.25" between the top shelves.
- Width between shelf supports (side-to-side) is 19.4"
- Width between shelf supports (front-to-back) is 11"
- Weight capacity: Rack supports up to 90 lbs. (40 kg) per shelf and 360 lbs. (163 kg) total per rack